Nicolas Mesnier, PhD
I am a teacher of mechanical engineering (Professeur agrégé in GPGE)
still interested in developing research in continuum mechanics and
mechanobiology of living media to solve new emerging problems in biology
Fields of interest
- Theoretical continuum mechanics and thermodynamics;
- Mechanobiology of cell and tissue (''living mechanics'');
- Functional adaptation: growth, remodeling and activity;
- (Gauge) field theory and modern differential geometry;
Born October 27, 1982 in France. French & European citizen.
In a civil union.
2 children (2014, 2017).
- Ph.D., Mechanics, Grenoble Univ., Grenoble, France – June 2011.
- Agrégation de Mécanique (French teaching qualification in mechanics) – June 2007.
- M.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, Saint-Étienne Univ., Saint-Étienne, France – October 2006.
- Dipl. Mechanical Engineer, ENISE, Saint-Étienne, France – June 2006.
- Baccalauréat (French High-school Diploma) – June 2000.
||Qualified engineering teacher in GPGE MPSI and PCSI (undergrad. sect.), lycée Jean Perrin, Lyon, France.
||Qualified engineering teacher in GPGE PTSI, lycée Jules Ferry, Versailles, France.
||Teaching & Research associate (ATER), Grenoble IT—ENSE3 & 3S-R lab., Grenoble, France.
||Teaching assistant, Grenoble IT—ENSE3, Grenoble, France.
||Research assistant, TIMC-IMAG lab., Grenoble, France.
||Normalien (member of the ENS), Electromechanical dept., ENS Rennes (formely part of ENS Cachan), Bruz, France.
||Graduate researcher, LTDS lab., Saint-Étienne, France.
Honors & Awards
- Selected to be listed in Marquis Who's Who in Science and Engineering (2010) & in Medicine (2011)
- Normalien specific Scholarship, 2008–2011.
- Language: French (mother tongue) and English (professional)
- Programming: knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems, C & Fortran language
- Scientific computing programs: Matlab, scilab, octave, Maple, xcas
- FE simulations: Comsol multiphysics, Ansys, Abaqus
- Image analysis: Image J
Copyright © 2018—2021, by Nicolas Mesnier. All rights reserved.